Many growers of perennials have had a very positive experience with the biodegradable plug. Perennials are usually hardy plants such as alchemilla, chelone, phlox and other varieties for gardens, borders, roundabouts and the like. Also many varieties are used for producing cut flowers used in bouquets.
What is the challenge you face as a perennials grower?
Due to the different plant properties, perennials do not usually have the same type of structure or root growth. This means that it costs a great deal of time to sort plants before delivery to nurseries. What’s more, there is a high risk of damaging roots when sorting perennials. As a result, plants show less uniform growth or even wither.
Benefits of the Growcoon for perennials
Experiences using the Growcoon in the perennials segment are very positive:
- The Growcoon binds and protects the root ball. The shoots of perennials can be pressed out of the tray easily and without damaging roots or the ball.
- This means that plants can be delivered earlier
- Shoots also develop more easily after being planted up to other pots or in open ground
- No hazardous substances remain in the soil. The biodegradability of the Growcoon is ideal as perennials are used in open ground cultivation
- Propagation companies work more efficiently with the Growcoon and save time
- And the quality of shoots is higher, as is the percentage of healthy plants at delivery. You supply a healthy product with optimally developed roots that is easily processed further.